Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Flex 4 Fun: Amazon Existence Proof

There's a basic philosophical question that is fundamental to so many situations in life:
  • If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
  • If you tell a joke and nobody hears it, is it funny?
  • If your children respect you, are they really teenagers?
The equivalent in the book world is:
  • If your book isn't sold on Amazon.com, has it really been published?
I'm happy to say that Flex 4 Fun now passes this last existence proof; the book is available for pre-order on Amazon.com. The book is at the printers now, supposedly available in hard-copy in mid-September. At Amazon's discount of 34% off the list price of $36, it seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Notice that the Amazon price of $24.39 is just shy of the $25 you'll need to reach for free shipping. Which is probably just the excuse you were looking for to finally pick up When I Am King....
By the way, if any reader is so inspired, it would be great if you posted a review on Amazon (and elsewhere). I know how I feel about my books, but I'm slightly more subjective than you might be. Besides, I already used up my quota of words in the books themselves. It's time for me to shut up and let someone else talk. Briefly.

1 comment:

Andrea Sarnataro said...

congratulations!